Rapid Bowel Cancer Test
Faecal Occult Blood (FOB) Home Testing Kit
What is Bowel Cancer (Colorectal Cancer)
Bowel Cancer also known as Colorectal Cancer, can be found in the large bowel (Colon Cancer) or back passage (Rectal Cancer). Developing within the inner lining of the bowel and usually starts as growths called polyps, which, may become invasive cancer if undetected. The large bowel is part of your digestive system, it helps absorb water from your food and removes food waste from your body.
Who is more likely to get Bowel Cancer
Bowel Cancer is the most common type of cancer in the UK, It is not always known what the cause is, but it can be associated to genetic causes, lifestyle and environmental factors.
Mostly found in those people:
- Over 50 years of age
- A close relative has had bowel cancer
- Suffering with inflammatory bowel disease, which includes Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Small growths in the bowel called bowel polyps
- Diagnosed with Lynch Syndrome or familial adenomatous polyposis
Statistics are showing that Bowel (Colon) Cancer is on the rise with people under the age of 50, this is due to various factors such as diets, lifestyle, physical inactivity, excess weight and high blood pressure.
Symptoms of Bowel (Colorectal) Cancer can include
- Bleeding from the back passage (rectum) or blood (occult) in the faeces
- A change in normal bowel habits, such as looser stools, more often, or constipation
- A lump that a doctor can feel in the back passage or tummy (abdomen), more commonly on the right side
- A feeling of needing to strain (as if you need to poop), even after opening your bowels
- Losing weight without trying
- Pain in the abdomen or back passage
- Tiredness and breathlessness caused by a lower than normal level of red blood cells (anaemia)
Why use our Rapid Bowel Cancer (FOB) Test
- Utilises the faeces and detects microscopic amounts of blood (occult)
- Easy to use Instructions
- Furthermore, there’s no need to send off the specimen; it can be done at home.
- Results in 10 minutes on the same day, reliable and accurate
- The UK government bowel screening test applies to over 50’s
- Early detection and treatment improves a positive outcome.
Rapid Bowel Cancer Home Test Kit Contents:
- 1 x Test Cassette
- 1 x Desiccant
- 1 x Collection Tube
- 1 x Buffer Solution
- 1 x User friendly Informative Instructions
- CE Approved
- Discreet packaging
Blood in the faeces indicates possible bowel cancer, bleeding ulcers or maybe something like piles. If you have any concerns due to symptoms continuing for more than 3 weeks, it is important to seek medical advice, regardless of age or recent completion of an immunochemical test.
When the stools are black or dark red or experiencing bloody diarrhoea, it is important to make a GP appointment or call 111.